onsdag 28 december 2011

Flashback: 2008

In late 2007 I started listening to more early 90's (alternative) music. Jane's Addiction became my new favorite band, only to soon be beaten by Faith No More who still to this day are my favorite band. Other bands that grewed were Anthrax (who I had listened to for years then, but re-discovered when I heard their "Bring The Noise" cover), Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, L7, Living Colour, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc etc and especially Alice in Chains and the overlooked band Mordred. It was so much music that was different and totally awesome. I was like a total 1988-1994 metal dude for all 2008, with much of 2009 as well. I think that sometime during '09, the summer maybe, my 90's era was done. I was ready to go on to explore new music once again, and it's been very unstable since then. I haven't really found any new sound that I reaaally love and has stuck to, but not so long ago, after going through a lot of personal shit (family issues, moving away, dealing with my bad childhood etc), I started do things to make me feel better, and therefore I've gotten happier, so naturally I started listening to happier music. And there Faith No More came back once again. Now I'm pretty much in the 90's again, but not like back in the day. I listen a lot to FNM, Samael and some other stuff right now.

I just want to recommend all of you to never stop exploring new music. Don't limit yourself to one style. I did for many years, refused to listen to stuff that wasn't from the 80's (apart from Sabbath, Zeppelin.....). It really sucks to do that now when I think back on it. It's much more fun to have a lot of music, not only metal but all kinds of music, except for fucking radio music that is (Bieber for instance, don't know what else is raped on radio right now).

Faith No More opened so many doors in my life. Music is my life, therefore, when they expanded my mind, they changed my life. I love Faith No More. Best band ever!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar