onsdag 30 maj 2012

R.I.P. Raintime

The Italian metal band Raintime has disbanded as of May 27th (2012). I got this news yesterday and I was both sad and disappointed that this had happened. Raintime, one of my personal favorite (and one of few) modern metal bands I actually really enjoy listening to, is now no more. I was introduced to the band with their now last album "Psychromatic" (released in 2010) and instantly fell in love with it. I know that most Raintime fans seem to favor the "Flies & Lies" (2007) album, but I just can't deny the fact that "Psychromatic" was the one that hooked me, and I had never even heard of these guys. However, I do enjoy the "Flies & Lies" album as well as their debut "Tales From Sadness" (2005), though their last album was musically the most evolved and interesting one, and very finest work of theirs to me. I really listened a lot to the album for the first half year it was out, then I kinda moved on to other albums and revisited it once in a while.

This really wasn't great news at all, since I was looking forward to a new album. I heard though that three of the members would form a new project that is yet to be announced. Let's wait and see and time will tell what it'll be, I guess. But for now, I'm listening to this now defunct, fantastic band and I wanna share it with you all. I personally recommend "Psychromatic" for fans of more power, progressive, melodic and somewhat experimental metal, while the other two albums would fit well with fans of a more straight melodeath sound. All their albums are great anyways.

Some of my favorite tracks I recommend: Fire Ants, Shift, Fake Idols, Beaten Roads, One Day, Walk-On Actor, Flies & Lies, The Black Well, Beat It (Michael Jackson cover, great one too!!), Matrioska, Faithland, The Experiment, Chains Of Sadness, Using The Light Forever

R.I.P. Raintime. I will forever hold-on to my copy of the amazing "Psychromatic" album.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar