torsdag 3 november 2016

The irony of morons

Lately I've been victim and/or a witness to a lot of stupid people in several places on the Internet. Places which particularly come to mind are Instagram, GTAforums.com, Last.fm and YouTube. Now this probably isn't a surprise for most people with an average IQ or better, but personally I feel like the idiocy on the Internet has really gotten strong this year.

When I watch videos on YouTube I usually read the comments a lot. This is a place were many people show their true knowledge and comprehension. YouTube is possibly the worst place on the Internet right now for this, and I find it quite scary to be honest. I can watch/listen to some metal on YouTube and when I get to the comment section, it's just like a warzone of words between people.

The first thing that comes to mind is, "it must be kids", because younger teenagers or whatever tend to be pretty ... well, stupid and immature. But no! There are a lot of adults, men in particular, who sit there acting like metal elitist children and trying to insult other people. Metal elitists and fucking hipsters who imply things should be negative to be good (what?!). What kind of mindset is that? How can these kids between 10-18 and adults between 18-50 be that stupid and immature? It's truly beyond me!

A classic example of this could be something like this:

A: I think Metallica is good and all, but I think newer stuff like Evile is better.
B: how dafuq can u say they better? metallica is fucking awesome, their da best! poser

I see a whole lot of shit like this. People who can't seem to accept that others' opinions differ from their own. Even middle aged men are behaving like this (including the inability to spell or speak grammatically correct, like I showcased). I know this isn't anything new, but you think it will have to end and get better at some point? Apparently not yet for another good while, it seems.

Last.fm is another place where elitists let their immature hatred breed and (try to) feed off of open-minded people's opinions. The ever-going Metallica vs. all, Metallica vs. Megadeth, Pantera sucks, Lamb of God sucks, [insert unreadable band logo here] is the only trve metal. You know, this shit could almost go on forever. It's really tiresome.

We have Instagram, which I suppose most people use these days (at least so it seems). That has been a relatively mature and good social media platform from my point of view, until recently that is. Big accounts like 9gag or other famous people/brands who's got a lot of followers have started to get some really ignorant and stupid commentators. These are often kids, I can admit, but that leaves me wishing for a "kids ban" option. Trust me, in many cases an 18 minimum sure is required.

So why am I writing all of this? Am I offended? No, I am not offended. I'm probably the biggest and most hateful misanthropic dick you'd meet, but at least I don't jump others unprovokedly (I'm a misanthropic asshole; I stay away from people as much as I can). With that said, when I see moronic people attacking others, I just feel like being the better asshole. I get my facts straight, first and foremost. I keep it mature and try to do my best grammatically, although English isn't my mother tongue. That is the difference. I'm an asshole against assholes just being assholes, and I fucking hate assholes.

At the end of the day, what bugs me the most is the irony of it all. How these assholes for most part, really, attack others for being "kids" and posers and whatnot, while they themselves can't even fucking spell or speak properly. I've encountered so many people whose mother tongue is English, and they can't even speak it nearly as good as me. Middle-aged men who can't spell, acting like 13-year-olds know-it-all:s. I mean, how pathetic isn't that?

The funniest assholes are the ones trying to insult you because they unknowingly misunderstand you, and when you put 'em in their place, or "own them", they bail like beaten dogs with their tail between their legs. Talk about the insult being on yourself. That's so damn ironic, I really love when that happens!

Then we also have all the smartasses out there who think "irony" is the same thing as "sarcasm". Congratulations, morons! You are truly superior everybody else!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar