onsdag 12 december 2012

Pantera Reunion?!

First off, the photo to the right was scanned by me in 2008 from a Sweden Rock Magazine (I don't recall what issue), and if you don't believe me, then go to http://www.lastfm.se/music/Pantera/+images/7559869 and look at the uploader, which is Idiots-Rule = my account. I love this photo of Pantera btw, it's a great, early shot from 1989 or 1990. I really love how Dimebag (R.I.P.) really is looking thrash here, while Phil look hardcore as usual.

But anyway, the topic I wanted to discuss about Pantera today is a potential reunion with them. I've read lots of opinions from fans all over the net for one or two years now, and the most common sollution for a "reunion" looks like Pantera feat. Zakk Wylde. Now I love Zakk, he's a great guitarist, a cool dude, he played with Ozzy whom is my favorite of all time, and he's got Black Label Society which is another band that I love. But as much as I love Zakk and his music through the years, I also do love Pantera and their legacy - a legacy I belive should be left alone and to age with pride. While I certainly still would find it cool to hear and maybe even see a reunion (or as close to one as it can be, without Dimebag that is), I still believe that it would ultimately be a rotten, dirty, and bad thing to do. Now from what I understand, the surviving guys seem to agree that a reunion is out of the question, which is a relief to me. I mean Phil's got Down, which I totally love, and he should stick with that, focus on that as well as his side-projects. Rex is doing fine with Kill Devil Hill which is one of my favorite bands of this year, and Vinnie Paul also seems to have a solid place in Hellyeah (though I don't listen to them, never have been, I dunno why, haven't got the slightest idea).

With this said, I'm sure that there would be lots of great names, big as small, to pay tribute to Dimebag if a reunion ever would take place, but really everyone. Show Dime some respect, don't destroy the great legacy of Pantera, no matter how much money the capitalist, bastard suits can caugh up to see it.

Over and out.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar